Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler changes due dates incorrectly

Luiza Kotys April 15, 2022

Hey All,

wanted to understand what causes Butler to change the due dates against the rule which states that if a card is moved to a particular column, the due date is 2 working days.
Why so many updates of a due date when the card wasn't moving around the board?

The first update [April 19] is correct. The rest is wrong and misleading.
Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-15 o 23.51.24.png

I did a review of all the rules on the board, and they look the same:
"when a card is added to list "XXX", set due date in 2 working days, and sort the list by due date ascending"
-> and that's applied to different list, just with different number of days.

Has anyone faced a similar problem? Super happy to understand what I am doing wrong.

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2022

Hi @Luiza Kotys ! Welcome to the community :) All the date change actions look like they were executed at the same time. Do you have another butler rule that triggers off a date change? Maybe test out the "when a card is added to list XXX" rule on a separate test board to narrow down if another rule is interfering with it?

Luiza Kotys April 19, 2022

Hi @Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows - thank you for your response and suggestion.

The only rule that's in place - for various lists - is the one I mentioned above: "when a card is added to list "XXX", set due date in 2 working days, and sort the list by due date ascending"
It gets worse and worse, honestly. Not sure where to look for the root cause. As you can see below it's not only about future dates, but it switches to the past dates, too?...Zrzut ekranu 2022-04-19 o 20.10.08.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2022

@Luiza Kotys Did you also check the other commands? Potentially there's a due date command or calendar command running? 

butler commands 2.PNG

You might also want to reach out to Trello support - they may be able to track down what command is causing that behavior. 

Luiza Kotys April 20, 2022

@Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows - I did check those. In the "Calendar" section I only have rules regarding reporting, and as for "due date" commands, I use them to ping folks to remind them there's an card waiting. It doesn't seem like they could interfere with due dates in lists...

I'll contact Trello support as well - thank you for the hint and your suggestions :) 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 20, 2022

@Luiza Kotys definitely seems strange! Keep me posted! :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events