Butler calendar commands help for weekday vs. workday

Donnie Grooms February 3, 2021

Hello friends,

I am trying to modify a butler command that currently renames a list that auto generates a name based on a date that falls Monday - Friday. I am currently using:

{previousworkingday_weekdayname} {previousworkingday_dateshort}

I need to modify it to do it for the whole week and not just the work week but I need help as I am still trying to increase my skills. 

See below for reference:

every weekday at 1:00 am, rename list "Done Today 🎉" to "{previousworkingday_weekdayname} {previousworkingday_dateshort}", create a unique list named "Done Today 🎉" in position 4, create a unique list named "To Do Today", copy all the cards in list "Daily Tasks" to list "To Do Today", sort the cards in list "To Do Today" by label pink "Urgent", red "Must", orange "Should", green "Could" ascending, and move each card in list "Backlog" due in less than 3 days to list "To Do Today"

Thank you in advance for your assistance. 

-Donnie

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2021

Hi @Donnie Grooms ,

do I understand it right, that you need to get yesterday's date? If so, try to please replace it like this:

{previousworkingday_weekdayname} -> {yesterdayweekdayname}

{previousworkingday_dateshort} -> {yesterdaydateshort}

Donnie Grooms February 3, 2021

I'll give it a whirl! Thanks Hana!!

Donnie Grooms February 4, 2021

@hana Thank you! I woke up this morning to see that the change worked like a charm. If there was an Atlassian badge for community assistance I'd make sure you got it. For now, I hope my deepest thanks will do. 

I even learned something, so thanks for that too!

Stay Healthy!

-Donnie

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 4, 2021

@Donnie Grooms I love your post! There are actually community badges for accepted answers, so you can click "Accept answer" and Hana will get some extra credit on her profile. ;) 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2021

@Donnie Grooms Thank you, it is so nice of you. I'm really happy everything works for you now.

Like Donnie Grooms likes this
Donnie Grooms February 4, 2021

@Monique vdB Thanks. Done!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events