Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler button doesnt work

Tereza Černá March 2, 2022

Hi, 

I have a problem with creating the automation via Butler button.

My goal is from main "mother-card" via checklist on it to create a butler, which when triggered, creates the card with name of the mother-card (main project card) and at the same time name of the item in checklist. 

My button currently sounds:

convert all the incomplete items in checklist "Campaign Planning" into linked cards in list "Task Backlog" using pattern "[{triggercardname} - {checklistitename}] ({cardlink})" copying labels

Unfortunately only the item name appears on the newly created card. The triggercardname is renamed on the checklist within the mothercard, but doesnt appear on a new card.

Does anybody know how to solve this? 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2022

Hi @Tereza Černá ! Welcome to the community :) The "using pattern" part of your rule will only be applied to the checklist item. If you're wanting to pre-fix the card name with the trigger card name, your rule could look something like this:

when an item is added to a checklist, convert the item to a linked card copying labels, and rename the card to "{triggercardname} - {cardname}"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events