Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler & Email: Capture recent cards

Deano April 27, 2020

Hi all! :)

I've created a scheduled report using Butler, which returns all cards within a list and drops it into an email. The list has around 100 cards at the moment.

I would love to be able to filter those results to cards that have been created in the previous 7 days - rather than returning them all.  None of the cards use due dates currently.

Is there a way to filter by creation date? Is there a better way to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

Hi @Deano 

Welcome to the Community!

Right, let's get into this!

Okey dokey!

I know you have 100 cards that you want to be able to sort, so this first step is going to take some time, but stay with me, you'll only need to do it once!

Right, I would suggest you have Custom Fields enabled and that you create a CF called "CC" (standing for Card Created) and have it as a date field.

Then you can go to the back of each card, scroll to the 'Activity' section, click 'Show Details' and it'll bring up the date that the card was created as the very first entry, depending on how many entries there are, you might have to scroll down a bit! It should look something like this:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 19.14.21.png

Go to the CC custom field and change it to match the date that the card was created in the 'Activity' section.

Now, if you have Butler availability, I would also create a rule that states whenever a card is added to the board, Butler will set the CC date to now:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 19.11.33.png

As you can see, I have this set up, so right above the time and date that the card was created, there's another entry by me saying that I changed the CC to now.

Now, if you want to organise the list, you can click on the 3 dots, you can order by the CC field. 

Please let me know if this is what you meant?! If not, we'll try something else!

Esme :)

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2020

You can also do this without doing any of that!

If you click the 2 dots, you'll get the option to 'Sort' - if you click on that, it'll give you options where you can sort by the date that the card was created:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 19.36.24.png

So you could ignore everything I previously said, and do that instead!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2020

So you might be able to add the CC to the report that you want to run?

Deano April 27, 2020

Ah - that did it, perfect, thanks!

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2020

Woohoo!

No worries!

If you have 2 minutes, could you accept the answer (now we know it worked) so that others who have the same question know that this works?

Thanks!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events