Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: Trying to view Upcoming, Due and Overdue cards in one board

Stuart Edwards January 13, 2022

Hey Trello gang!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to view Upcoming, Due and Overdue cards in one 'master' board..

I have several boards with a ton of cards and tasks - and I'd like to copy and track cards that are due this week, today and overdue - in this 'All Upcoming tasks' board.

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 14.16.56.png

I've tried this automation, but it's not working annoyingly...

Screenshot 2022-01-13 at 14.19.17.png

Is this sort of thing even possible in Trello, or have I totally misunderstood how to use it as project management tool?

Thanks so much guys

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hey @Stuart Edwards ! Welcome to the community :) what part isn't working? Are cards just not copying over at all? It's definitely possible to create that sort of workflow in Trello (I just tested it out and it works as expected), but as Felix mentioned, it might not be sustainable. For example, what happens if a card on one of the original boards gets a date change and is no longer due this week? Also, the cards aren't synced, so if a change is made to one, you won't see that in the copied version.

Workspace table is one way to consolidate cards from many boards. If you're wanting to manage cards from many boards in one mainboard, you can also sync boards together using Unito's board sync power up. This allows you to create a 2-way sync between boards allowing you to build a master board that consolidates cards from many. You can either sync all cards, or just a subset based on certain triggers.

Stuart Edwards January 14, 2022

Hey Hannah! Thanks for the reply. 

For example, what happens if a card on one of the original boards gets a date change and is no longer due this week? 

Yeah that's a valid point!

I think for now the Workspace table is enough to view all due/overdue cards across the boards. I've looked into Unito's solution but I'm not sure it's suitable.

My boards are all very similar (repeating tasks for multiple clients) - and I think the master board would just end up looking suuuppper busy and confusing :)

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2022

Yeah, I think that's a good call! Having a dynamic report will most likely be a bit easier to manage :) If the Workspace Table option isn't detailed enough, I recommend using the quick list option by Blue Cat Reports.

Stuart Edwards January 24, 2022

I'll take a look, thanks Hannah!

1 vote
Answer accepted
Felix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2022

Using Butler for something like this might be frustrating, because you'd create multiple sources of truth for this content. I wonder if your requirements could be met with the Workspace Table view: https://help.trello.com/article/1235-workspace-table-view

It'd allow you to set up a filter for upcoming, due and overdue cards, as well as sort the table by due date.

Stuart Edwards January 14, 2022

Heya Felix - thanks for this. It's super helpful. It would be amazing if it somehow listed the boards in the columns.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events