• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler - Sort all lists by due date Edited

My coworker is trying to set up a Butler automation so that she can sort ALL lists on a board by the Due Date on the card. Right now I can't see how to do that in Butler and so she is having to manually click on each list and sort individually.

I know there is a way to sort a card in a particular list (when creating, moving, etc.) but we want to sort ALL lists at once by the Due Date. I also realize that I can create separate Rules for each list in the board, but I'm wondering if there is a variable for "all lists" rather than creating them separately.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley Community Leader Nov 07, 2019

@A.C. Ivory you'd have to create this as separate rules -- there is no longer a "for each list" function the Butler Power-Up that used to be present in the Bot.

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/97098272a9fb87effbdc4db3917e8e1a

You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271#U1212977

0 votes
Esme Crutchley Community Leader Nov 08, 2019

@A.C. Ivory I've created a Butler Board Button with each list that I would like to order listed on it. I believe Butler only allows around 15-20 to be added, but if it's under that many, just add the separate lists to a Butler Board Button like this:

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 14.07.39.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

📹 What is Trello?

Hello Community!  My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. I'll be sharing with you a series of videos with my top tips on how to best use Trello...

313 views 10 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you