Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler - Set due date to custom field value

HugoMaffre September 27, 2022

Hello there, 

I am trying to assign particular due dates to multiple cards when a custom field is filled.

To be more clear, here is my rule now :

when custom fields "Date formation" are completed in a card in list "{*}", create a new card with title "test" in list "{wildcard1}", and set due on january 1st

Here is the rule I want to do :

when custom fields "Date formation" are completed in a card in list "{*}", create a new card with title "test" in list "{wildcard1}", and set due on "{customfieldvalue} + 15 days" 

Is it possible to do something like this using butler ?

Regards,

Hugo

1 answer

0 votes
Lara
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2022

Hi Hugo,

Thanks for reaching out!

The rule you're looking for is possible, with a little tweak.

You will need to have Butler get the value of the Custom Field in the first card, and add it to the second card (as another Custom Field).

Once that happens, Butler can then take that date and apply it to the card due date.

Here's an example command:

when custom fields "Date formation" are completed in a card in list "{*}", create a new card with title "test" in list "{wildcard1}", set custom field "Field date" to "{customfieldvalue}", and set due date on the date in custom field "Field date" plus 15 days

Let me know how that goes,

Lara
The Trello Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events