Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Rules not applying to all members of a board.

Dylan James Brandt May 17, 2021

I am very new to Trello and am in a private workspace. Myself and another member of the board are making some rules for some cards to follow when they are archived. The rules I have created are working for me and I have enabled them on the board. The issue is the other member can not see my rules and I cannot see his. The rules he has created don't work for me (probably because I can't see them) and vice versa for my rules applying to him. This is a private workspace that the other member made me an admin of and still no luck. Could this be happening because my Trello account is the free version? Any sort of help will be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

@Dylan James Brandt Hmmm the Butler commands should work for all board members, regardless of who created them. It might be something to do with the commands, can you share an example here of one that is working for you but not for your colleague?

Dylan James Brandt May 18, 2021

I actually just figure out what I was doing wrong. We were creating the rules but we did not give them a tag. Without the tag we were unable to share the rules with each other. Thank you for you quick reply! It took me way too long to figure this out lol

Like Gabriel Victurino likes this
Gabriel Victurino March 8, 2022

My situation is similar but my rules work for everyone in the board even though they don't appear to the other members. I've also learned that twin rules (created by two different members) can sometimes stop working. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events