It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler Rule Not Working

Hey fam,

I made a new board, created a few template cards for people on my team to copy then fill out a few custom fields into. I then went into Butler > Rules and made a series of rules. They all flowed together and didn't seem overly complicated but I can't get them to trigger/work. I've tried triggering them as well as a teammate. I just don't know what's happening! 

Here is a screenshot of the rules I have made:

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 2.54.54 PM.png

1 answer

Hi, 

email sending is not available for free account. Replace this action by an another action like

post comment @Lizzy Colombo

Good to know! I made the change and swapped that command out for the one you suggested, but it's still not working :( 

Ideas?

Can you verify ran commands in Usage Log. Pick : Butler >> Account >> Usage Log.

Other modification to try : replace "is created" by "is added"

I found that my butler rule didn't apply when I created a card from the Template.

Eg. rule on board - 

when a card is created in the board, set due in 24 hours, and add member @{username} to the card

When you create a card using +Add another card, rule works.

When you create a card using Create from template button, rule does not apply.

This seems to me a bug.

Can we have someone from Trello comment on this one please? thank you.

Hi 

For a better visibility with the community, you should post your question outside there. By using this discussion, only lizzy and me are notified about this new post.

Thanks Ludo :)

Found a spot to raise it with trello support.

Michelle

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,499 views 12 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you