[Butler] Receiving an email when I'm mention on a comment

P B November 16, 2020

Hi -

I'm trying to create the following rule

• When a user is mentioned in a comment on a card assigned to anyone by anyone
  • Send an email notification to the mentioned user

It seems that I can't do that today because for the action to be triggered (sending an email) I can only select a fixed email address among the available members and not do something like {mentioneduser}@domain.com or {mentioneduseremail}

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2020

Hi @P B,

I think the reason that you are having issues with this is because it's actually a core feature in Trello that you don't need to waste Butler automation runs on to accomplish.

If you have your users look at their "Settings" menu under their profile, you can change the email notification frequency.  Being @ mentioned in a comment on a card is an event that will trigger an email notification, and if you have notifications set to instantly, you will receive an email as soon as you are @ mentioned.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

P B November 16, 2020

That helps. That would help a lot that Trello provides an hyperlink from this section fo the settings page towards at least the section in the documentation (if that exists) that summarizes the events that trigger notifications. Because the last thing we want is to be spammed by notifications over email. We have way enough already.

Would be awesome to be able to toggle the events among the one available (on/off). Classic settings feature.

Cheers,

P

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events