Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Powerup creating cards on wrong boards

Jana Lombardi April 29, 2019

Here's what's happening as we're migrating from Butler bot to the powerup.

On the board called "New Order Workflow" I open Butler list of commands. There is this one. This command:Capture.PNG

• is not enabled
  • should not ever run on this board because the command is not related to this board.

Yet if I'm on that board and I click 'run now' on the command to test it, it CREATES a list called "Upcoming Events" on New Order Workflow and adds a card to it.

Shouldn't the command only run on the Enabled boards? It seems like "Run" forces a run on the board you are currently at, regardless of whether the command is enabled or not. The alternative of course is to specify a board for every command, but then I can't use the command on multiple boards.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2019

@Jana Lombardi if you click "Run" on a command, then it will execute in the context of the board you're viewing when you click "Run".

Is there a reason you're not testing this on a board upon which the command is enabled?

Jana Lombardi April 29, 2019

@IainI find it strange that the command would run on a board it isn't enabled on. It's creating lists that don't exist on the testing board (the one it's not enabled on). Now that I know this peculiarity we will only test commands on the boards the command applies to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events