Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler - Move card to adjacent list

Peter Wilbrink July 28, 2021

Hi there,

I would love to have a button to move a card to the list right next to the list in which it
currently is but am unable to find a way of doing this. In my trello board, the list next to the current list is changing monthly.

Can someone help me to achieve such a button? I have the feeling that I'm right on it without knowing, because cards are contantly moving to the lists next to it all the time in so many boards online, but I haven't found a way to make a button for it.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kind regards,
Peter

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

@Peter Wilbrink it's an option in the button actions you just have to click the menu:

2021-07-28 at 9.27 pm.png

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

@Iain Dooley 

Wow did know it existed. Is it new? 👍👍👏

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2021

@milynnus it was always in Butler Bot, I think it may have been recently added into New Butler

Peter Wilbrink July 28, 2021

Cool! I knew I was about to feel dumb...

Thanks @Iain Dooley 

2 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2021

@Peter Wilbrink 

Update : see solution from Iain

Try this : use a lookup (not find) of a card that you know will always be on that list ...like a marker card, then you use {foundcardlistname} when you use your move action. Note that Trello did say the listname is not always available. So try to see if it will work for you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events