Butler - How to share Board button between my boards?

Jan Ševčík April 24, 2020

Hi, 

I've created a new Board button in the Butler, but I'm not able to turn on this button in my other boards. All other types (card buttons, rules, calendar, ...) are working perfectly across my boards. 

What should I make to make it work?

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Hi @Jan Ševčík 

Welcome to the Community!

If you head into Butler on a board where the button is enabled, you should see something like this:

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.31.59.pngIf you do, you can pick to have the button show up on all your boards. I have Business Class, so I can't tell if this is a BC feature, although I have made a simple button on my personal board and it shows me the same thing.

Let us know if this helps!

Esme :)

Jan Ševčík April 24, 2020

Hi Esme, 

thank you for a fast reply. Unfortunately, this board is not part of any team (and I don't want it to be), so I'm unable to check this option.

With the Card buttons, rules etc. it just work without anything else, but not with this type :( 

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2020

Sorry about that @Jan Ševčík, maybe it's because I'm a team member that I can tick that button, even on my personal boards? Probably! 

What I've resorted to in situations like this (where I've needed to get something onto another board) is to have 2 instances of whatever browser you're using open - side by side (e.g. Chrome window 1 - tab one - current board button (open Butler and edit the button so you can see all the actions) > Chrome window 2 - tab one - open in the board you want the new button to appear, then click Butler and Board Button). Make sure you open the board button on one side, and create a board button on the other. This means that you have 2 browser windows with 2 tabs with separate Butler sites open - one you already know works and one you want to have it copied into.

By doing it this way, you can directly either copy & paste (in the case of using variables), or you can type/pick from the menu, so that both buttons look and behave in the same way.

Of course, you can do it with 2 browser tabs in the same window, but that's (quite frankly) a pain!

Let me know if this helps!

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events