It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler | How to: Create a new list on a board when a card is added to a list in another board.

We have a team board where each team member has a list and each project is under that list.

I want each new card (project) from my list to create a new list with the same name (as the card) on my personal board.

How can this be done?

---

Bonus: I want to have same linking via checklist - when item is added to checklist on a card under my list on the team board, create a card under the project list in my personal board. And vice versa card on project list on personal board -> checklist item on project card on personal list on team board

1 answer

Hi,

You can use butler rules like this for example :

To duplicate & link a card

when a card is created to list "{*}", copy the card to list "{wildcard1}" on board "personal" and link the cards together 

To synchronize card movement between 2 boards

when a card is moved to list "{*}", find the first card linked in the attachments, and move the card to the bottom of list "{wildcard1}" 

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

What I'm looking for is more along the lines of:

when a card is created to list "{*}" => CREATE LIST [card name] on board "A different board".

In this case, the 2nd rule will useless.

And just specify the name of the new list with the name of the copied card. If you don't want to conserv this card, add a removing rule.

when a card is created to list "{*}", copy the card to list "{cardname}" on board "personal" and remove the card. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

1,530 views 13 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you