Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler | How to: Create a new list on a board when a card is added to a list in another board.

Tom Bar Gal February 20, 2020

We have a team board where each team member has a list and each project is under that list.

I want each new card (project) from my list to create a new list with the same name (as the card) on my personal board.

How can this be done?

---

Bonus: I want to have same linking via checklist - when item is added to checklist on a card under my list on the team board, create a card under the project list in my personal board. And vice versa card on project list on personal board -> checklist item on project card on personal list on team board

1 answer

0 votes
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

Hi,

You can use butler rules like this for example :

To duplicate & link a card

when a card is created to list "{*}", copy the card to list "{wildcard1}" on board "personal" and link the cards together 

To synchronize card movement between 2 boards

when a card is moved to list "{*}", find the first card linked in the attachments, and move the card to the bottom of list "{wildcard1}" 

https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards

Tom Bar Gal February 20, 2020

What I'm looking for is more along the lines of:

when a card is created to list "{*}" => CREATE LIST [card name] on board "A different board".
Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

In this case, the 2nd rule will useless.

And just specify the name of the new list with the name of the copied card. If you don't want to conserv this card, add a removing rule.

when a card is created to list "{*}", copy the card to list "{cardname}" on board "personal" and remove the card. 
K Walters April 4, 2021

@Tom Bar Gal wondering if you managed to get this resolved?  I have a similar issue that I am trying to resolve.  Thx

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events