Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Description Scenario

Megan Thayer December 14, 2020

Hello! When I move a card from one board to another, I want a new description template but I don't want to lose the text in the description from the previous board.

For example: 1st board is for mortgage pre-approvals, 2nd board is when the loan goes in process. I want to add a template for the loan officer to fill in when the loan goes in process, but not lose our notes from the pre-approval. So I want the notes to go to bottom of new description or into the comments. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2020

If all you want is to keep the entire pre-approval description, just create the rule:

when a card is moved into this board, set the card's description to "TemplateInfoHere PreApproval: {carddescription}"

You can check out other useful variables here

----

If you want to scrap everything in the PreApproval description except the Notes at the very end of the description, create this rule instead:

when a card with a description containing "Notes {*}" is moved into the board, set the card's description to "TemplateInfoher Pre-Approval Notes: {wildcard1}"

You can fiddle around with wildcards with some slow reading here as well

If Notes is not at the end of the description, you'd have to somehow denote where it needs to read up to, ie filtering for descriptions containing "Notes (*)NextHeader"

Mind, this supposes it can always find a Notes portion of the description and fails entirely if it got deleted or something.

Megan Thayer December 15, 2020

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events