Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Command: when a specific titled card is moved from a list, archive that list

K Walters March 26, 2021

Hi,

Is it possible to do the following?:

I have a list with cards and want that list to auto-archive after I move a particular card (e.g. card titled 'meeting') to another list.  And then when that list archives, create a new list that has the same cards as what were on the list that was archived. It is basically a case where I have a weekly meeting with the same agenda items (cards) and the last step of the meeting is writing the meeting notes.  Once the meeting notes are written, I move them to the 'meeting notes' list and at that point I want the agenda item list to archive and a new one appear for next week's meeting.

I have been through Butler and it seems that I would need a combination of the trigger in the rules section and the action in the calendar section. Hoping there is a way to combine both or just a way to make this function happen.

Appreciate any help here.  Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2021

@K Walters 

My guess is that you needed the calendar trigger because it allows you to archive the entire list. However, if you move the card out, that card will not be archived together with the rest of the cards.

It was an action I would like to use for a client but the condition to archive is not time specific but a user event like in your case the completion of a meeting or completion of a checklist of linked cards.

The other constraint you are likely to face is the need to have to "for each card in item" since the two list of cards - move to archive and the other is to copy a new set of cards for the next meeting.

Fortunately, I was able to have a trigger that will evaluate each list each list and archive the entire list based on the completion of the checklist. My objective was to have a complete record of the task together with all the subtasks for audit purposes.

Do published your final solution for us to learn. Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events