Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Command - Move Cards from Daily Tasks to Do Today and recreate Daily Tasks

julia pulawski March 26, 2021

I am creating a scheduled command in Trello, and I'm not sure what the difference is between the Action "create a new list" and "create a unique list;" and "create a new card" and "create a unique card." Can someone explain, or send me to an explanation?

I'm trying to get my Daily Tasks list to always be on my board, but I want it to automatically duplicate the cards and put them in my Do Today list. If anyone can just tell me how to do this, that's fine! lol. Anyway, this is how I'm setting up my Butler command so far:

Trigger = every weekday at 5 am Action =move all the cards in Daily Tasks to Do Today

Trigger = every weekday at 5:10 am Action = create a [new or unique?] card with the title 'check email' in list Daily Tasks on board Daily Task Management

The thing I don't like about this is that I will have to create a command for each list item. Ideally, I would be able to just add a card to the Daily Tasks list, and have a command that replicates that list in Daily Tasks and Do Today.

1 answer

0 votes
Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 30, 2021

Hi Julia,

if you choose the option to "Create a unique card..." this will only create the card if there isn't another one with the same name in that list. If there is already a card with that name in the list, Butler won't create a card and the rule will stop executing. "Create a new card..." will always create a new card, even if there is a matching one in the same list.

You can also choose to add more "create card" in the same calendar rule. This will reduce your amount of card runs while creating your different cards. Alternatively, you could create a kind of template list, and then use the command "Copy all the cards in list x to list y".

Thanks,
Ryan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events