Butler: Checklist "made incomplete" bug?

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

chrome_2020-07-07_04-22-05.png

If you have a checklist with two unchecked items and proceed to delete both of them, one at a time. This rule triggers both times. Is this a bug? Or am I just misunderstanding what Trello means when it says "made incomplete"??

If its a bug, anyone have workarounds? 

1 answer

0 votes
Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Vongsawat 

Keli here with the Trello Support team!

Hm, this doesn't sound like expected behavior and our team would love to dive into troubleshooting this with you. Could you reach out to us directly at http://www.trello.com/contact and mention my name and link to this Community thread in your ticket?

We'll get back with you soon! 

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Ah, I already made a report (TRELLO-342) and just got a reply from Vinicius earlier today as they are struggling to reproduce the bug. (still able to reproduce it on this side though)

Didn't think to link the bug report to this thread or vice versa.

Do you still want to me update the ticket though? Or no.

If not, TRELLO-329 (thread) was the other Butler bug I stumbled across. Hopefully someone is on it? :P 

Keli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2020

Oh, terrific! I found the bug report and the support request from you and I'll get that escalated to our Butler dev team directly. 

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2020

@Keli As per the Support email you sent, I provided access to my account, as well as created a new board with both bugs isolated. Still have no idea which bug you were asking access for.

Ryan from Support has now closed both tickets as Resolved, stating that Keli gave an answer in another ticket.

I am not sure which ticket he is referring to, as you have not replied since the initial ask for access which I was leery of but did so on goodwill. Even though I had provided a rather extensive explanation of how to do the repro. Even though you have not mentioned which bug you were escalating. Even though you kind of just brushed off the existence of initial support by Vinicius in every response so far.

This is a mess. I still can't revoke access to my account which I very much regret giving, seeing how disorganized Support is. Something that was mentioned in the ticket and ignored. Horrible experience.

Vini
Atlassian Team
July 16, 2020

Hi Vong,

I'm sorry for any confusion we may have caused. I checked with Ryan and Keli and we made sure the issues you reported are addressed.

Currently, we don't have a public way for users to track those reported bugs, and we don't have an ETA on the delivery of those fixes, but they will be pushed into production as soon as it's ready.

rax adaam
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2020

@Vini - Any update on this?

Could I also suggest that the Atlassian team consider a more transparent process for users to track bugs?

Communication with the folks on the ground who are not only identifying the bugs but taking the time required to ensure that they are properly documented and reach the right people (as this user has done) is essential to keeping user's motivated to keep contributing in this way to improving these products: it takes a lot of time to document all this (not even accounting for the time lost trying to trouble-shoot, before reporting it); seems to me something like at least updating this thread would be a reasonable expectation, in return. 

Vini
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2020

Hi @rax adaam,

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently working on improving the ways we keep the communication going regarding bugs and feature requests. It's something that is on our radar, but I don't really have a timeline to share yet.

Regarding the issue, it is being investigated and will be prioritized for a fix. Again, I don't have an ETA.

I know that this is precisely what you are pointing out, and I have to tell you we're working on it. We are aware things are not perfect now, and we are working to make it better in the future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events