Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler: Change custom field on all cards matching criteria

Thibault Molleman January 20, 2021

Is it possible to make a butler command that changes custom fields on all cards that match an existing custom field value.

So like:

All cards where custom field "Plaatslocatie" is "Werkplaats.A.4.V", change "Plaatslocatie" to "Werkplaats.A.4.A"

is what I would like to do. But doesn't seem to be possible without adding them all as checklist items first and then cascading trough those?

2 answers

0 votes
Robin Moore April 19, 2022

I had a similar problem and got around it by creating a dummy list called "modify_cards" and the  rule

when a card is moved into list "modify_cards" with custom field "Name" set
to "X", set custom field "Name" to "Y"

Then I used "move all cards" to move all cards from each list to the modify_cards list and back again. Remember to disable any rules triggered by card moves during this operation!

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2021

Hi Thibault,

Right now a command like this is not possible. The only way to change a custom field is in the context of a card itself. Butler doesn't support bulk actions that can look at or manipulate every card on a board.

You could try a workaround by using a list of cards as checklist items, but please note there are action limits per command. If you have a lot of cards on the board, and thus, in a checklist, it may not be able to iterate through each of those.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events