Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Butler Board Button

Damian Perez July 20, 2020

Hi Guys,  looks like butler button has a limit of 10 actions.

This can be upgraded with a paid version ? 

See attach

thnx

damianCaptura de Pantalla 2020-07-20 a la(s) 15.12.24.png

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

Doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere, but I've gone up against the 10 command limit before on a Free account with the native Butler.

On Gold, I've gone up to 15 commands as a test, but the limit is probably higher?

I think some of the limitations of the old Butlerbot that @Esme Crutchley linked are still in play. As I've bumped up against some limit that just said the the command run was running  "too long" and terminated with no other explanation. It was particularly heavy on Find and Look-up commands going back-and-forth multiple times to do some logic shenanigans as well as a For Each, so somewhat understandable.

No idea if there's just a simple difference between free/paid limits, or if its some tiered limits. And no concrete information on the actual limits either.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

I agree, there's very little information on the Butler-bot limits, probably because it's gradually being replaced by Butler, but Butler has published limits:

Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 06.41.41.png

Personal = Gold

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2020

Yes, but just no published limits for the command runs themselves in Butler, which is what it's up against here

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

I agree.

According to that page free has 50 command runs and 500 operations, but there doesn't seem to be information on how many operations/actions a single command run can have.

But as you say, you've tried with 1 command and 15 operations without a problem, so it's likely that the number of operations a command can have, have higher limits than in Butler bot. 

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2020

Free accounts will lock up at 10 commands per run just like butlerbot, but yea, no idea if the higher limits will mirror butlerbot as well or not

Damian Perez July 22, 2020

sorry, i couldnt see difference between butler and butler-boot.  i only have butler button.  can u clarify this to me ? 

Thnx

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2020

I'm going to tag in @Iain Dooley here because he's got experience of using Butler Bot as well as the new Butler and he might be able to explain (I've only ever used the 'new' Butler)

Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2020

Don't be confused by the use of the old butlerbot icon @Esme Crutchley This is definitely the native /new Butler!

Its the screen you get if you hit Details at the bottom of the screen while a Butler command is actively running.

Like Iain Dooley likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2020

@Esme Crutchley the bot didn't have board/card buttons, those came with the power up which is what the integrated Butler is

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2020

Hi @Damian Perez 

It looks like you're using Butlerbot, which does have a limit of 10 for free accounts:

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 20.15.26.pngI found the info here: Butler Limits 

The 'new' Bulter doesn't have any information on how many commands it can run at once, which is a shame: Butler features and quotas. It says that you can have 50 command runs and 200 operations, but doesn't say (that I can see) if there is a limit on the number of actions a single command can take.

Don't know if that's helpful at all?

Esme :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events