Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Class and Personal Boards with external members

simon.bureau March 26, 2020

Here is the situation: 

I am a member of a business class team with a couple of boards.

I've created personal boards for other purposes not linked with the business class team, in which I will add some external people (within the company and outside the company). 

I see that my personal boards allow me to use 2 power ups (Voting and Custom fields), which I used. (This features sees to come with the business class thing, be able to add 2 power up) 

When sharing this personal board with external members: 

• Will they have access to the 2 power ups added even if they are not in the Business Class team?
  • Will there be any hidden costs that I'm not aware of? 
  • If I'm removed from the business class account for some reason, what will happen to the personal boards? 

Thanks! 

Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2020

Hi @simon.bureau 

Welcome to the Community!

Can I ask a quick question that will give us more information?

Are you signing into Trello through your work email or through a personal email?

:)

simon.bureau March 30, 2020

Hi, 

I'm using a work email linked with a Business Class team. 

Thanks.

Simon

Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2020

Hey Simon,

Yes, the ability to enable unlimited Power-Ups is a feature of Business Class. You'll be able to do that on any boards in your BC team or personal boards. 

Any other members in your Business Class team will have that option as well, however a member that isn't part of that team will not.

There aren't any hidden costs with enabling Power-Ups, however some are connected to third party services that have their own subscriptions. In order to use the Power-Up in a case like that, you'd need to have a subscription to that service as well, if it is required.

If you were to cancel your subscription, or you left the team, you'd lose the ability to enable unlimited Power-Ups, and Trello would disable those on your boards. The data from them is still saved, so nothing is lost and you can go back and reenable any one of them.

simon.bureau April 2, 2020

Thanks for the clear response! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events