Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Class Account -

Stuart Bain October 4, 2017

I am a single user for Business Class and have a potential new team member coming aboard who I want to expose to my boards and cards (temporarily) until I decide whether to give them full access (as a paid user).

The Help Page suggests

Can I add someone to a board without paying to add them to the team?

Yes, as long as your team settings allow adding non-team members to boards.

I have not been able to work out how to amend Team Settings to add a non-team member. Also, what rights would they have.

I understand there is a setting for 'Observer' - however the above explanation indicates a non-team member can be added. How, and more importably what access would they have?

Thanks in advance!

Stuart

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hey Stuart

To add a non-team member to your Business Class board, you'll add them directly to the board and not to the team.  You can add them to the board as a member (will appear as non-team member) or observer, free of charge.  Once you are ready to add them to your team as a billable member, you'll add them directly to the team.

A non-team member would have all the access to a board as a team member, what's different is they need to be added to the boards directly instead of being able to add themselves to any team board (plus the other administrative things like being able to deactivate a user on the team versus removing them from the team boards).  Adding as observer will be view only (and commenting/voting if you enable those)

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events