Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Class 3 users

Matty Hatton February 5, 2020

At the moment we have a board with 3 admins, but 20 board members. We want to add an extra power-up but we don't want to pay business class for 23 people. Is it possible to pay just for 3 admins and then make everyone else an observer?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Hi @Matty Hatton 

Welcome to the Community!

If these members are only on 1 board then they are single-board guests and won't be charged. If they're added to more than 1 board, they become multi-board members and are charged.

If you add 23 people to a TEAM, then you'd pay for 23, however, if they're only on 1 board (and not in the TEAM), they're single-board guests.

I have BC, I use it on my own however my Husband is on 1 board as a 'normal' user and I'm only charged for me.

I don't know if this makes sense! Please let me know!

This page might be helpful as well, https://help.trello.com/article/855-how-billing-works-with-trello-business-class

Esme :)

Matty Hatton February 5, 2020

HI Esme,

Thanks for your response.  Yes it makes sense, it's just a massive jump from it being free to then over $400 a month just to add one power-up as the other members view multiple boards/

Thanks for your help.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Hi Matty,

Yeah we had the same issue, I pay for BC for me, but adding my husband to the team would have doubled the annual payment (not as much as $400 a month though!), so I added him to just one board as 'normal' and I still only pay for me and he's a single board guest.

Just remember, the second you add someone to more than 1 board, they become billable!

No worries :)

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

I am thinking about to register the rest of team as Gold Member instead of business, which is $3.5 per user per month vs $9.9 per user per month. But need understand more what additional benefit gain from Gold Member before switch to it...

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 6, 2020

Okey dokey!

Gold membership allows you to have 3 PowerUps per board and larger attachments.

It might be good to look on the Trello Gold page here to see all the differences between free & Gold.

As far as I know, individuals need to upgrade to Gold, it's not something that can be done by one person, as it's for individuals, not specifically for teams.

:)

RenoT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

That is the reason I like Trello and I hate it as well... :) In fact, it is for everything, there is no free lunch, when you enjoy the efficiency of your work, you need pay for it as well, the only judgement is, by using those tools what you gain, compare to what you pay for, if it is a plus, it worthy, otherwise, try something else...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events