Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bulter on to-do task level?

Hello! I am just starting to pilot trello business for my company, i have multiple checklists on one card for a specific project. Can i create butler rules for the deadlines on the task level?

1 answer

@Sara Mantlik 

The triggers for checklist is limited to this. You would have noticed that there are no triggers based on due dates. With Advanced checklist you can set due dates and assign a member. But to get it to trigger a notification, currently, you will need to setup a proxy for that checklist item.

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 9.57.19 AM.jpg

Is there information on how to setup proxys? Seems very specific to a checklist name.. not general like the butler rules. 

Is there a way to make it more visual on the front of the card when an advanced checklist item is becoming due? Currently only turns red when it is past due. 

Thanks!

@Sara Mantlik 

I used the term proxy but just think of it as a card to shares the same due date as the item, has some info  on where to find the item, could be linked from the item to it…etc. This is just to enable a notification. As far as I know, the checklist item due date would turn red but it does not trigger an alert or email notification. 

i am not worried about an email notification -  i wont to be able to sort each column by the most upcoming card with a task that is coming due. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,317 views 28 40
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you