Bulter label rule?

trellosupport4 August 13, 2020

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to create a butler rule for example if I type Bob Smith's name on a label, can I associate it with his company label? that way it auto populates instead of me searching for additional labels each time?

If I have a label for Bob Smith and he works at ABC Plumbing when I label my card Bob Smith I also want it to label my Card ABC Plumbing? 

1 answer

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2020

You could make a Lookup Board, that has a card for every person-label, with the card description holding the company-label.

If all person-labels are blue, and all company-labels are green:

You can have a rule where: When the blue label is added to a card, Look up a card with the name {labelname} in board "Lookup Board", and add the green "{foundcarddescription}" label to the card.

I'm sure there are other configurations for the rule, the important bit is that you can use a Lookup Board to associate data and have Butler act on it.

Caryl Loudin March 14, 2022

I think you can do that. That's why many people use popular and catchy names for their labels. I think that's how this industry works. So if you want to create a brand, I will recommend you choose a name that will suit your brand the most and catch people's eyes. For instance, some friends of mine working in the PR section of a cooling company told me that people remember small and interesting names. So if you want your company to become popular and easily recognized, you better use this advice

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events