Board slow with cards open

Kevin Zimmerman April 3, 2018

I'm building a board using Integromat to "sync" with my sales pipeline.  It's got 150 cards each with a link to saleforce.   It's very slow and says this is because I have so many cards open.  Is there a way to close cards so that it will be faster?  I really want all the cards on this one board.  Thank you!!

3 answers

0 votes
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2019

Unfortunately, I cannot vouch for any solution/answer at this stage but would like to know from Trello/Atlassian if there is any progress and action happening in terms of speeding up Trello?

I admin a few boards as well. 1 board has about 500 cards while another has 233 ... but the one with 233 is slow and lagging and often crashing the Chrome tab at times.

Please advise?   

0 votes
Crystal Davis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Hi Kevin,

Crystal from Trello Support here! 

You can always close (and delete) cards that you no longer work with. I suggest archiving any cards that you aren't using immediately and that you don't need to be updated by Power-ups. You can find out more about how to do that here: https://help.trello.com/article/795-archiving-and-deleting-cards

Please note that you can archive cards and they will stick around until you delete them. However, once something is deleted we don't have a way to get that back. 

Hope that helps!

Kevin Zimmerman April 5, 2018

Hi Crystal and Thank you!   I would like to see all the cards so archiving won't work but what about closing them?  Will I still see them and how do I close a card?

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2018

I had a similar problem with my own opportunities board.  I was generating hundreds of cards a day from various sources. I reduced some of the slowness of the board by reducing the amount of client side intensive power ups on the board.

Other than your integration with salesforce, do you have other power ups that may allow down your board?

Kevin Zimmerman April 4, 2018

I did have Dropbox and the calendar.  Dropping them didn't seem to help.  

Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2018

At this point you may have to reach out to the Trello support team. I don't think this behaviour is normal. 150 cards doesn't seem like an amount that should take down a board. I've seen active and responsive boards that have way more than that many open cards in them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events