Board not found - I am admin

Randy Clark February 27, 2019

I have a board that I am the admin of, and can see the board on my list of boards. I click on the board and it says:

Board not found.

This board may be private. If someone gave you this link, they may need to invite you to one of their boards or teams.

Is there any way I could be locked out of a board that I created and am the only admin of?

Thanks.

3 answers

3 votes
Deleted user January 6, 2020

Hi Randy,

I can see you have resolved this now, however, I had this same issue and I initially believed it was that I had too many cards with images.

However, after 15 mins of trying different suggestions online. I looked on https://trello.status.atlassian.com/ and I could see Trello was slow or unavailable.

I hope this helps others who experience this issue in the future.

Deleted user January 6, 2020

Thanks, this helped

Like Deleted user likes this
1 vote
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2019

Hi @Randy Clark ,

Did you also create the filter this board is using? If the filter is private or not shared with you then you probably won;t be able to get to the board.  If you go to "Issues and Filters" from the dashboard, scroll all the way down to "View all filters" and find the filter for this board. Click it to open it up, if you can, then click the "Details" link and see who has permission to view the filter.  

-Scott

Randy Clark March 3, 2019

I did get this fixed, but it was not under the filters.

When I created a card, it seemed like Trello glitched and it duplicated the card 4 times.  I deleted 3 instances of this card, but not all 4. There was another member that still had access to the board. I asked her to delete the final copy of that card, and delete all instances from the archive. After this, I was able to get back on the board.

I have no idea what else it could have been, since I regained access after deleting those cards.

Thank you for your help, Scott. Perhaps your answer will help someone else in the future.

Randy

JRodney Estrada October 8, 2020

Hi!

I think I'm having the same (or at least very similar) problem. I get "Board not found" when I click a specific ticket. I can go to the project fine and see the board (ticket not there though). The Permission Helper says it's because I'm not the Project Lead. That doesn't make sense to me. A few others can see it but they're not Project Leads. Any suggestions?

0 votes
Matt Nolan April 16, 2021

I am also having this problem. (It's been the same for about a week).

To expand on this though:

I am the creator and admin of a workspace. I also created the 2 boards within this workspace (and am an admin on both those boards).

I have access to both of the boards when I log in using my home computer, and on my mobile phone.

Oddly, I don't have access to one of these boards when I log in from my office computer at work. But the other board works fine.

I have tried sending a link from my mobile phone to my work email and then opening the board that way, but I still get the message "Board not found" when I try to follow that link on my work computer (yes, I am logged in with my Atlassian account).

I've tried deleting history and cookies etc, I've also tried signing in with a different internet browser on this computer (chrome and Edge). I'm still getting the same "board not found" message.

I haven't yet tried logging in from the work computer while connected to my home internet, but will try that tonight.

Randy Clark April 16, 2021

I found that when I had deleted some cards, it actually archived them, so they were not visible in the view, but were not completely deleted. I was able to get on with another account and view archived cards, and delete them completely. After I deleted them completely, I was able to log in with my account.

I don't know why this is happening, and it seems kind of weird that archived cards would make a board not found by a particular user, but give it a try and see if it helps?

Matt Nolan April 20, 2021

This doesn't seem to be it.

The board has no archived cards, no archived lists.

It's really strange that I can log into my account and look at all the boards except for this one on my work computer, but have no access this one board. While it's absolutely fine on every other device I have.

JRodney Estrada April 20, 2021

Can you have someone (that has access to the missing board) log in to Atlassian using your work computer and you log in to Atlassian on their work computer?

Matt Nolan April 20, 2021

Hmmmm, so this is strange. I brought my work computer (it's a laptop thankfully) home, connected to my home internet, and IT WORKS!

Absolutely no problem on Trello, all the boards are accessible and work properly and everything.

I'm going to just not use that page from work as it's not that important, just very odd.

It must be some glitch with the router in the office. Unfortunately we're a large organisation so I can't just turn the router off and on again :p

Thanks all for your help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events