Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block copying from a private Board

Jan-Peter Schulz December 12, 2021

I would like to use a board together with my students. Cause the protection of data privacy in school, my students should not be have to register to Trello. So I have to use a public board, right?
But how can I block the option, that anyone can copy my board? I would like, that anyone can see it, but not copy it. I spent a lot of time creating the content for the boards for my students. So I do not want, that anyone can copy and use my ideas. I am using parallel PADLET, where I have the option, that not anyone can copy my whole content.
Greetings from lower saxony :)
J.-P.

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi @Jan-Peter Schulz 👋

Welcome to the Community! To help I've answered in two stages below...

1. Yes, to allow your students to view the board without an account you would need to make your board public.
  2. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to prevent someone from copying the board.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Jan-Peter Schulz December 13, 2021

Hi Laura,
thank you very much for your quick response.
Maybe you kow, why it is not possible to prevent someone from copying the board.
Is there any way, to give these wish to someone of the Atlassian Team? Maybe they are interested in customer-feedback.
Thank again, Laura. Greetig from Lüneburg

Jan

Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2021

Hi Jan,

Of course, I'm always happy to help where I can 😊  I believe it stems from the fundamentals of Trello which is collaboration.

To your second point, you could look at raising a feature request if you'd like to put this capability forward. To get these requests to the right people I'd recommend reading Trello's guide on how to submit a feature request here >> https://help.trello.com/article/724-submitting-feature-requests-for-trello

Laura

P.S. Greetings from the UK 😃

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events