Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to approach multiple company End of Financial year planning in Trello?

Sam Ward October 14, 2017

My finance team is struggling to find a suitable project management set up for multiple country End of year Financial reporting for five separate companies. People are missing deadlines and finding our current method too cumbersome visually as it has so many tasks. 

I would really to hear how other teams dealt with other reporting schedules in Trello. I have to have one team oversee five separate companies for financial reports that adhere to ASX and LSE listed standards. Any tips or boards that they have used would be really appreciated.

Thank You

1 answer

0 votes
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

I'm not an expert, but if you need to set certain deadlines based on an industry standard, maybe you can implement a simple workflow board, but add on automation based on labels with something like ButlerBot. When a card is labeled based on a certain standard, Butler automatically sets the due date based on the expected delivery date.

But at a higher level, I always take the approach of addressing needs top down: People > Processes > Tools. 

1- Are the actors properly aware and trained on the requirements, the value creation process and the tools implemented to facilitate?

2- Are the delivery processes properly aligned with planning, overseeing, facilitating and delivering the value?

3- Are the tools up to the task of answering the business and functional requirements of the actors involved in the value creation process?

When you solidify the actors and the processes, the right tools will become an accelerator, not a speedbump.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events