Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best use

Emily Broadbent April 21, 2021

What are the best ways to utilise Trello boards for a small team? Keen to link to slack and don't necessarily want to have 'to  do'  'doing' 'done' cards on every board. Any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Erin Burke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2021

Hi Emily! I'm a PM on the Product Integrations team and we'd love to chat with you, you can reach out to me via email at eburke@atlassian.com smile

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2021

@Emily Broadbent 

In helping clients, I noticed many of them struggle to manage their board(s) after some time of usage. Many do not think about the board design. Many probably do not have the know-how when they started on Trello.

Most would start with the default left to right progression - 'to  do'  'doing' 'done' cards.

I tend to like have a unit of work in a list because once it is done you can archive the entire list. Have someone assigned to it.  I would have a task at the top with subtasks below it. These are usually created from some 'template' cards. I like using invisible labels to facilitate automation with Butler.

So I think (1) where work is initiated (2) how each task looks like (3) where work gets performed and recorded (4) where work gets observed.

I do not have much experience working with Trello - Slack. I am still looking for some good examples of how it can be deployed. There appears to have some limitations there as the entire channel is for a single board. (Just not sure)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events