Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits of staying as a free user (i.e. not upgrading to business class)

Michael Corbett April 27, 2021

I have been using the free version of Trello for many years and am now struggling to understand how I can continue using Trello now that the freemium/premium rules have changed.

What I USED to do was to create a board and invite people to it who then could participate in the board with a free account.

If I switch to Business Class (I am currently on the free trial) I understand that I can only invite observers.  

But if I stay as a free user (limited to 10 Trello boards) then, as I understand it, I'll be able to carry on as before.  

Is that right?  Does anyone have any comments on working with free users.

1 answer

0 votes
Michael Pryor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

If you upgrade your Workspace to Business Class then you can invite people to your boards as normal members. Whether they are an Observer or not is a choice you have as a Business Class user - but is not required. 

If you are trying to figure out how to collaborate with people without paying for them then you either work with them on one board in your paid Workspace or you can just create another Workspace and don’t upgrade that one. Having one paid Workspace doesn’t prevent you from also having free Workspaces. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events