Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Organisation

Peter Erlebach June 20, 2021

We are a small production companie in Austria :-) We have many Costumer Projekts (Clients) consisting many (Cards) Tasks. How would you organise? The project manager is in charge for many Clients. The Lists could be Planing, Producing, Installation..If I use one Board for all costumer, having the Cards for different tasks belonging to different Costumer. We will not be able ( From my recent understanding) to get on "view on all open cards (tasks) for one specific Costumer. If we use for each costumer one Board , we will not be able to get one Calender view of all  tasks.  I miss somehow the possibiliy to label each Card with a Costumer name enabling me, geting this " overview".  Any idea? Thank you peter

3 answers

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2021

@Peter Erlebach here is my "project business basics" setup:

You have one "Sales Contacts" board, with the Crmble power up enabled. This represents the customer journey through from initial contact to production.

Then you have a "Tickets" board which is where individual requests and communications are processed.

You then have one board for each project, created automatically when a card in your Sales board is moved to the Create Project list.

Each team member has their own personal board where all assigned tasks and notifications go back to.

When cards are added to lists, if a checklist name on a central template card exists with the same name as the list, add it to the card. This is globally deployed.

For planning/scheduling I would recommend either Trello's built-in views or Placker.

I use my suite of products to connect up email and txt/mms/voice to each board:

BenkoBoard: personal board for each person that centralises notifications and improves individual email productivity

BenkoDesk: shared email, connected to the Tickets board, also integrates with Crmble from the sale contact board so you can initiate a new email to a contact by posting a comment to a Trello card, with the individual email either going into the tickets board or a project board

BenkoPhone: shared txt/mms, connected to the Sales board for each contact, with individual messages creating new Tickets so you can email and TXT from the same spot for each request

BenkoBot: automation platform that runs it all

BenkoZero: team productivity training

BenkoTeam: documentation and outsourcing administrative support functions

You can read more here:

https://www.benkoworks.com/

You can also see a video that shows the basic project setup here:

http://www.benkobot.com/

Peter Erlebach June 24, 2021

Thank you, will follow the recomandations and see if this idea will work for me! best regards peter

Peter Erlebach June 25, 2021

Hi  Lain!

I tried Crmbl, but recognized the " Sales contact" are not seen in the Trello App. This makes no sense, becauce sales people or often out in the field and need this infó. Same with other power ups. Does it meen powerups are not supportet in the app? Meaning, it makes trello not usable anymore... Any idea?

Thank you

peter

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2021

@Peter Erlebach yeah it's a pretty huge flaw in Trello's powerup architecture that the only powerups supported on mobile are those supplied by Trello.

You can just use custom fields instead, then you lose the Crmble reporting features and export features, but if your sales are relatively low volume/high value (ie. not ecommerce or something like that) you can actually make do with Trello as a CRM (that's what I do personally).

It's also possible to replicate Crmble data to custom fields automatically using the API but it makes the cards really cluttered so typically I only recommend using one or the other.  If you need "real CRM" functionality (like deal values, funnel metrics and so on) PLUS you need data on the mobile app I typically plug Trello into Pipedrive which has a very similar interface and a good API, and deals with all the "database heavy lifting" that Trello isn't good at.

Peter Erlebach June 29, 2021

Thanks Lain!

Placker ws a good idea, since the Gannt view ist nice and has the missing funktion in checklist! Its possible there to give a start and a End Date!

We will not be able to make everthing at one tome. Now looking for Api to import Data to custom field

best regards

peter

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2021

@Peter Erlebach where abouts are you importing the data from?

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2021

@Peter Erlebach 

I opined there can be several ways to design your board(s). In most cases, most boards are designed for cards move across during stages of production. However, if the stages are quite fixed you can consider have it in a  list for each client using a top card as the job and the lower cards as representing each stage of work. Have them all linked to the job card with cardlinks in a checklist so that as each is completed the job card checklist is checked. You can use labels or standardised card names to identify the stage of production. Once the job is done for that client archive the entire list. The above can exist in a multi board environment eg where each board is owned by a project manager instead. Or have another board to build the job list dynamically especially where you have repeat job for the same client. 
I am quite sure there would be other solutions like the using Unito.

Peter Erlebach June 21, 2021

Thank you! I did not know that I  can link from a checklist to another card . I used now "Epic Cards" which does it as well. I am now on the way ! best regards

Peter Erlebach June 21, 2021

Still no success :-(  If one card is connected to some subtasks (subtask in list. otherwise it's confusing) it seems to look fine. The process to create the links etc takes some time but we have the same structure with many customers. Now the problem starts, I would like to use this structure as a template. This does not work, becaus I have to copy each card and relinks zto all new generated cards, it's easy to be mixed up compleatly.

Any Idea?

Thanks peter

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2021

@Peter Erlebach 

I did it for a client to handle his maintenance work when a vehicle is returned from a road trip. There is a board that has the template cards and the job and subtask is created there and copied over to the main board. When work starts it creates all the subtasks and links via Butler. 

Peter Erlebach June 24, 2021

Thank you very much, I am not aware about all possibilities of the butler funktionality. Will kook through! Peter

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2021

@Peter Erlebach 

Here's demo from a business setup that I have developed.

https://www.loom.com/share/926c6443b75045bcab3d2386f1275f7b

Like Peter Erlebach likes this
Peter Erlebach June 25, 2021

thank you! It looks good, but cannot get the funktion, creating Cards as subtasks. I will ty it tomorrow!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2021

@Peter Erlebach 

The above uses native Trello automation capabilities. I saw @Iain Dooley comment on Power Up and I agree. 

The job card can be a card that send via a form. Currently, I like Contalist because it sends the data to the description field via a webform and automatically associates the contact to the card. 

Using Butler you can decide what part of the form data needs to be on the card as custom fields.

I used it to direct several enquiries to a single inbox for my work and I used automation classify the sources - setup reminders ..etc.  Nothing stops you from deploying the same job assignments (as in the video) from these cards.

Not being able to email from Trello app was also a constraint from Contalist. I worked with them to include `@client` or `@team` in the comment to send out a quick email to them. Iain's benkoboard has those capabilities as well and more.

0 votes
sergiof June 20, 2021

Hey Peter, this is Sergio, from Brazil. In this case you'd better consider using the new feature "Workspace" for each client, and then create one boards (of this workspace) for each major duties: Planing board, Producing board, Installation board, and inside these boards you distribute the tasks of each phase / stage by using lists in two possible ways (in may opinion) 1- by moving cards from list to list (if you use workflow  where different members make each stage) or just with lists for each stage and cards with subtasks. I hope to have helped!

Peter Erlebach June 20, 2021

Hi Sergio! It sounds complicated and just tried it, It now lookes as I will loose control soon:-( I now tested with Power Up "epic card" which nearly fulfill requierment, but in Mobil App it does not work properly. Thanks, lets see other suggestions! All the best! Peter

sergiof June 20, 2021

Looking forward Atlassian's team help. This is a point of concern. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events