Baseline vs New Due Date

Hey guys,

I'd love to be able to set a baseline due date that would continue to appear even after updating the date due to project schedule shifts etc.

For example: Was originally due August 16; customer asks for a 1 week extension so I shift date out to the 23rd but would like to still be able to see that it's actually 1 week later than we had planned.

Any way to do this?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote
Matthew N Community Champion Aug 17, 2017

Hey Rob,

While that's not currently a feature in Trello, a workaround could be to add the baseline due date in your description or as a comment.  Better, if you use the Custom Fields Power Up, you can put it there maybe as "Original Due Date" or however you want to word the custom field, then set it as a date and enter the date there, so you always have a reference as to when the due date originally was.

You should also send this over to feature-ideas@trello.com as your suggestion.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Feb 02, 2018 in Trello

Atlassian User Groups: Trello edition

You’re invited to our first ever Trello User Groups   Good news for current and aspiring Trello enthusiasts! We’re launching Trello User Groups so that you can network, share ideas, solve ...

1,225 views 8 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot