Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with due dates

Lauren Johnson May 11, 2021

I am trying to create a board for one of the instructors at my company. Before a particular class, the instructor has to complete several tasks 2 weeks before the class, 1 week before the class, etc. Is it possible to have them enter the start date of the class on one card, and have that automatically update the due dates of the other cards?

2 answers

1 vote
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Hey @Lauren Johnson 👋

I've taken a look at the automations Butler offer on Trello and believe the below screenshot offers as close to what you're looking for as possible...

Screenshot 2021-05-11 at 16.03.32.png

This set up can be found under rules if you would like to take a look.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any other questions, I'm here to help 😃

All the best,

Laura

Hi Laura, 

What trigger category is that under? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2021

Apologies, I completely skipped that part doh!

That's under the trigger category 'Dates' 😃

Like Sarah Preston likes this

I don't think this will work. I want a due date automatically added to the other cards based on the date they enter in the first card.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Unfortunately, this may not be a possible at this stage with Trello then. They do have other deadline focused Power-Ups such as Smart Deadlines however I don't think this provides what you are looking for. 

Like Sarah Preston likes this
0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2021

@Lauren Johnson 

You can consider using a checklist with the dependency cards as cardlink items such that when subtask is marked as completed the checklist item is also checked off. 

Had this working for several clients (1) completion of maintenance work (2) delivery of goods for POs. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events