Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation with Butler to happen before an expiration date.

Fácil Contadores July 5, 2019

Good afternoon!

Sorry for English, I'm using Google Translate!

Maybe some things do not make sense ...

Come on!

I need to create an automation using Butler which consists of moving a card to a specific list when the card is missing 60 days to win.

But there is a problem: if the card is created less than 60 days in due time, it is not moved.

I researched and Trello reports that Butler does not work with past dates or retroactive.

Someone, please, have some solution to my problem? Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
arman sayeed April 25, 2021

if you have the time and don't understand scripts like me, adding 60 rules should work for you isn't it?

i had a similar for the butler, but my missing days to win were 7, so i gave butler 7 rules for each day.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2019

@Fácil Contadores I think the command you need in addition to the due date trigger is:

When a due date is added in to a card, if the card is due in less that 60 days move it to some list

but I don't think conditionals are present in the butler power up, is that true @Katrin Anger ?

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2019

@Iain DooleyNo, currently no conditionals.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2019

@Fácil Contadores in that case, you could use this Trellinator command:

https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/41455f7f32582bcd0267e33bca1b0837

Because of the way the Trellinator execution queue works, it will move any card within 60 days. The ExecutionQueue runs every 10 minutes by default (not recommended to change it) so basically you could set a due date such in less than 60 days and within 10 minutes that card would move to the correct list. You can read more about Trellinator here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-articles/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271

0 votes
Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2019

@Fácil Contadores 

I see if I can help you.

What do you mean with "win"? What is the trigger that a card "wins"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events