Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation happening without being set up or enabled.

Dan Jeans June 9, 2022

Hello, I am having trouble with Automation-Rules. The problem I am having is when a new card is created (in any list) the "new project" label is added. This is not a rule that I have set up, nor enabled. Since that is the case I can not disable what is happening. Does anyone know why adding this label is automated and how do I disable. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2022

Hi @Dan Jeans ! Welcome to the community :) do you have other members on your board? Perhaps someone else created a rule to auto-apply labels? If you're the admin of the board, you can see all rules created by others on your board (see here for more info).  

Other than that, how are you creating the cards? Are you just manually creating them on the board? Or are they being created automatically through some other means? E.g. via a card template or through an integration of some sort?

Dan Jeans June 10, 2022

This board does have about 25 members. I am the admin as well as one other who does not handle any automation. This is not on a premium workspace. When I go to settings, automation, rules... I do not see the "admin" button like in the support doc you attached. All cards are created manually by clicking "add card". No cards are created via automation or any other integration. I can view several rules that have been created and are enabled or disabled. But the above action is not on the list of rules I am seeing. I have disabled all the rules and the automation still occurs. 

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

@Dan Jeans ah right - in that case, I'd suggest seeing if Trello can see on the back end who/what is causing the automation. They might be able to tell you what user is associated to it so you're able to disable it if you need. You can talk to Trello directly here: https://trello.com/contact#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events