Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating task due dates based on final deadline

Thomas August 3, 2022

I am currently trying to put together an automation on my board for a store opening.

The issue I am having is that I would like to have cards with different labels have automated due dates based on the final deadline.

For example if Store X opens on the first of October I would like all cards with the PR label  to have a deadline of four weeks before the store opens and all cards with the Signage label to be completed eight weeks prior to the store opening.

Is this possible? I've tried a few methods I have seen online to no avail.

Any  help would be greatly appreciated

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2022

Hey @Thomas ! Welcome to the community :) are you able to share any of the automation commands you've tried so far?

Not sure if this is close to what you want, but it might help lead you down the right path!

when the blue "PR" label is added to a card, lookup a card titled "Project End Date", set custom field "Project End Date" to "{foundcardduedate}", and set due date on the date in custom field "Project End Date" minus 4 weeks
Thomas August 9, 2022

Thank you so much, that was just what I was looking for, I'd found a query/solution that went down the route of duplicating cards/lists/checklists which was a little overcomplicated for my needs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events