Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Automatically create a checklist item from an attachment

Hey guys, I was wondering if there was a way to automatically create a Checklist item with the name of the attachment which is just uploaded.

So let's say I upload a file called "image1.png". My goal is to have a checklist item called "image1.png" appear in a checklist.

This does seem like a easy thing to do but I just can't figure it out, thanks in advance for your help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
Sep 27, 2022

It is pretty easy you just need to know about butler variables. 

I would use a rule that is something like this 

when an attachment is added to a card, add item "{attachmentname}" to checklist "Checklist name"

A list of butler variables and how to use them can be found here: https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/ 

Hope this helps

Thank you so much, will check that out!

Hi Petar/Dan,

I tried doing the same thing with {attachmentlink} but received an error "The checklist item name cannot be empty"

I want the checklist item to also be the same link as the attachment.

Any suggestions?

Nevermind. spelling error. works!

Hi everybody,

I have a similar question on this case but I would like to have Board button for that. We are manufacturing company and sometimes there are a lot of details needed to be produced and for that case we would like to have "on demand" checklist from attachments. I tried and it works like a simple automation rule. With card button automation it gives same error like Niel Ruben had - "The checklist item name cannot be empty".

I hope that the explanation was clear enough :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events