Automatically convert checklist items to cards on 'Todo'

Joey Marrone November 8, 2019

Hi Trello community!

Essentially I want to create a way (if possible) to use the automation within trello to automatically create cards for checklist items added to another card in another list. 

Here's the full overview:

I have a list called 'Current Day' that creates a card (using IFTTT) 15 minutes before I have a Gcal event. I then use this card to take notes during the client meeting. When the card is created it already has the note layout I want and a blank 'Action Items' checklist.

Upon updating the card (or adding a label - whatever works) I want those checklist items to be moved to my 'Todo' List as individual cards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jireh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2019

Hi,

I think the command you're looking for is in the "Cascade" tab of the Card Button commands. It's the second to last command on that tab.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 1.44.14 PM.pngOnce you create this card button, simply press it after you've taken down your notes on your card. It will take the items in the checklist called "Notes" and make cards for you in the list "To Do".

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2019

@Joey Marrone @Jireh I also like to include a second command to check off the items on the parent card when each sub-task is completed:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392

Like Joey Marrone likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events