Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically add tasks when card hits a column

Zack Herman May 10, 2017

I have Trello set up for my website design/development business and we want to integrate a "Ready To Go Live" checklist of things to do to each site before we hand it off.

It would be great if, when we move a card into the Ready To Go Live column, if it automaticallly appended new tasks.

Is this possible? Maybe through IFTTT?

1 answer

1 vote
Francis Peixoto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

Butler can do that for you. You can have the bot watch a list, so that whenever a card gets added to a list, actions can be taken, such as copying a checklist from another card to that incoming card.

You can build a Butler recipe here: https://butlerfortrello.com/builder.html

Zack Herman May 10, 2017

I recently saw this, so awesome.

Follow up question, I have "when a card is moved into list "Ready To Go Live", add item "Change contact form email addresses" to checklist "Go Live Checklist" on the card"

Is there a way to add multiple list items, for example:

"when a card is moved into list "Ready To Go Live", add item "Change contact form email addresses | another item | another item" to checklist "Go Live Checklist" on the card"

Oscar Triscon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2017

(For reference, I'm pasting the response I gave you elsewhere here too.)

Yes, 

when a card is moved into list "Ready To Go Live",
add item "Change contact form email addresses" to checklist "Go Live Checklist" on the card,
and add item "Another item" to checklist "Go Live Checklist" on the card, 
and add...

But if you have several items that you add often, sometimes is better to create a template checklist (you can add it to the command card itself) and add it to the card:

when a card is moved into list "Ready To Go Live",
add checklist "Tasks" to the card

You create the template checklist manually in any card, but it works best if the template checklist is on the same card as the command itself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events