Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automatic to-do lists

Hi there, is there a way for Trello to automatically pull out items by due dates to automatically create daily to-do lists? i.e. a list of all due items in a day

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 18, 2021

Hi Sinead! When you say "pull out items" are you referencing check-items? Or are you just wanting to see a list of cards organized by due date? Are you just wanting to see ALL cards, or just the ones where you're added as a member? Are these cards across multiple boards, or just in one board? Sorry - lots of questions, but there are a few different solutions depending on your needs :)

Hey Hannah, thanks a million for coming back to me. I'm looking for a pull-out of check-items and due cards - is that possible?

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Oct 21, 2021

At the moment, there's not really an easy way to organize all your assigned cards and check-items in one place (this would be a really valuable feature to have though!). There are a few options that might work for you:

1. You can use the "my cards" section of Trello to see all your assigned cards across all boards and sort them by due date. This won't show your check-items, but you can see your items in the "Home" page of Trello under "Your Items" which is sorted by due date.

2. Use the calendar view (or calendar power-up) to see monthly/weekly/daily views of all items with a due date (both cards and check-items). You can filter the board to see only your items if you need.

3. Use a reporting tool like Blue Cat Reports to pull a list of check-items/cards and sort it by due date. You can report on all cards, or filter the report to only see your assigned items.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: New years' resolutions with Trello

Congratulations to @Laura Holton , our latest winner of Taco Tuesday! And thanks to @Kristján Geir Mathiesen for sharing the picture of Taco having fun with his new friend  B...

2,406 views 28 42
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you