Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate moving a card to a position in a list other than 'top' or 'bottom'?

AndrewW July 15, 2022

Is it possible, using Butler, to move (or copy) a card to the second position in a List?

I can see there are the 'add to top' and 'add to bottom' options, but we use 'title cards' as the first card in our lists — so Butler moving a card to the 'top' of a list means someone has to then later manually move the card to second place. This is rather clunky...  

I was hoping that by adding ^2 after the list name, this might achieve what we want — but this doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to do this in Butler? Or does anyone have a work around that achieves this? Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

@AndrewW 

You probably need to code your own http request to change the pos to a value between the two cards. 

AndrewW July 15, 2022

Thank you for your response, @milynnus. However, I don't know how to do that — or, in fact, what any of that means!

I'm not a coder or software developer, sorry.

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2022

@AndrewW 

Trello provides a single generic way to get third party services. This is an action in Trello Automation under “Other”.  Yes, you need a developer to help you create that service for you if you are not a coder. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events