Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate - add a dashcard at the top of each new list

Andrew Parker January 31, 2022

I have an archive board setup, where archived cards from multiple boards get moved. 

This board creates a new list at the start of each month that cards archived that month get moved into. 

When it creates the list you can automate it copying an existing dashcard into a named list, but you can't ask it to copy into the next list along. 

When creating a rule, you can set it to move a card to the next or previous list, but it appears that isn't an option when a date is triggering the action:

Option on setting a rule:
Options for rules.png

vs Setting a calendar trigger on the 1st of each month.

Options for calendar.png

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to do!

Thanks,
Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

Hi @Andrew Parker ! Would it work to create a list on your archive board called "Template" and just have a template dashcard in that list? So then the command would just copy that template card each month. So something like this:

copy dashcard.gif

Andrew Parker January 31, 2022

Thank you Hannah, I didn't realise you could use {monthname} {year} in the 'list' field to define that the cards should be moved to the list you've just created. 

We're about to roll into a new month in 2 minutes, so it will be a good test of whether it works or not

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2022

@Andrew Parker hope that works for you! Not sure what your rule looks like to move/copy cards into the archive board, but you could do something similar like "every month, move all cards in the "Done" list to list "{monthname} {year}".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events