Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Automate - add a dashcard at the top of each new list

I have an archive board setup, where archived cards from multiple boards get moved. 

This board creates a new list at the start of each month that cards archived that month get moved into. 

When it creates the list you can automate it copying an existing dashcard into a named list, but you can't ask it to copy into the next list along. 

When creating a rule, you can set it to move a card to the next or previous list, but it appears that isn't an option when a date is triggering the action:

Option on setting a rule:
Options for rules.png

vs Setting a calendar trigger on the 1st of each month.

Options for calendar.png

I hope it's clear what I'm trying to do!

Thanks,
Andy

1 answer

0 votes
Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jan 31, 2022

Hi @Andrew Parker ! Would it work to create a list on your archive board called "Template" and just have a template dashcard in that list? So then the command would just copy that template card each month. So something like this:

copy dashcard.gif

Thank you Hannah, I didn't realise you could use {monthname} {year} in the 'list' field to define that the cards should be moved to the list you've just created. 

We're about to roll into a new month in 2 minutes, so it will be a good test of whether it works or not

Hannah Morgan Community Leader Jan 31, 2022

@Andrew Parker hope that works for you! Not sure what your rule looks like to move/copy cards into the archive board, but you could do something similar like "every month, move all cards in the "Done" list to list "{monthname} {year}".

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events