Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate Trello Cover images using Butler

KOHESION July 22, 2021

Anyone know if we can use butler rules / triggers to automatically add a cover image to a card when added to the board or a list yet?

2 answers

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2021

Hello @KOHESION 

Although Butler currently can't change a card's cover directly via an Action, you can do it indirectly using Butler's HTTP requests Action to send a suitable PUT request to the Trello REST API to update the card and set the values you want for the cover.

Refer to this recent question where I describe how to do it. You can modify that method  described to set the card's cover to be an image. The image needs to be either attached to the card or an Unsplash image.

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

@KOHESION you want to add the *same* image to different cards?

KOHESION February 6, 2022

@Iain Dooley  Yes, I do - sorry for the late response! I clearly didnt check here for answers!

KOHESION February 6, 2022

@Iain Dooley  Each board has a specific cover image I want to place automatically on every card within that board. works OK if Im making a new one directly from a template card but not if i send a card from outlook.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events