Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate: Moving the Due Date back by 3 days

Bryan Dumaguina April 18, 2020

Hello,

Just started to learn the power of Butler and automation.

Situation:
Copying a Card (with a Due Date ) from Board 1 to Board 2.

How to:
Setup a Rule in Board 2 where when I copy a Card with a Due Date from Board 1 to Board 2 - the Due Date on Board 2 should be moved "back" by 3 days. 

Say on Board 1 - Card 1 is due April 25, 2020 
When I copy Card 1 to Board 2 - it should be due April 22, 2020.

Most of the functions under Butler "Rules" move the Due Date "forward" in time. I can't find a function that will let me move the Due Date "backward" in time. Custom Field is the closest - with a "Plus" or "Minus" - "x" number of days. But I can't seem to get that to work.

Hope my inquiry is clear.

Thanks,
Bryan D. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2020

Hey Bryan,

The custom field trick is the route you'll want to take here. In your rule, you'll first want Butler to apply the due date of the copied card in a date custom field using a Variable. After that you can then set the due date to that field minus 3 days, and then clear the custom field.

Here's how it would roughly look:

"when a card is added to Board 2, set the custom field Date to {cardduedate}, set the card due date to the date in custom field Date minus 3 days, clear custom field Date" 

Bryan Dumaguina April 20, 2020

Thank you for responding. I'll look into that.

@Garrett Where is the option where I can insert/type in the custom "Variable" {cardduedate} ?

@Garrett I found it. Thank you, I think that did the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events