Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto completion of a custom field

Guy Varendonck February 3, 2023

Hello,

I am using Trello buttler to automate adding lables due date completion date etc on our workload board.  I am also looking at buttler ability to recognise patterns but I cannot see from the documentation on patterns and variables if you can auto fill a custom field from a recognised pattern in the cad description.  What I am trying to achieve is

when a card with a description containing W-{*       } is added to the board X  set custom field "Widget to W-{*      }.  Is this possible?   I have not managed to make this work and just wondering if I am missing something.

1 answer

0 votes
Theodoro Reato
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2023

Hey Guy,

Welcome to the community, 

You're able to set a similar trigger with: 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 10.19.35 AM.png

This will also be triggered by cards renamed to the description you add on the field. You could add "W-" or "W-{*}" they'd work equally to trigger cards with a name such as W-1234.

Then for your action you could add a label or a pre-created label with a text in the Add section. 

Screenshot 2023-02-07 at 10.25.45 AM.png

Right now it's not possible to add a label with the same name of the triggered card, 

Let me know if that helps you, :)

Guy Varendonck February 10, 2023

Thx I will try your suggestion

Like Theodoro Reato likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events