Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-Archiving, Archived Items on the Calendar, and Recurring "Events"

Katelyn_Chechko May 18, 2020

Hello!

I'm new to Trello and am loving it so far. I was doing a demo for my team today and some questions came up. I scoured the user knowledge base and either didn't come up with an answer or several years have passed since answered. I'm hoping there may have been some changes since last asked:

1. Do cards get archived after a certain amount of time? For example, if I have a card sitting in my dashboard for 90 days, 6 months, or 1 year ... does it eventually get auto-archived?
  2. If you archive cards, do items still appear on the calendar? We're using Trello for communications planning, so being able to look back at the year prior in calendar view is a huge deal for us. 
  3. Can you put on recurring items? A use case would be.... every year we do Benefits Open Enrollment, Mid-Year Check In, Quarter Close, etc. around the same time. Would we be able to set up recurring items as ticklers on the calendar so we know a communication is coming up?

Thank you for any insight!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2020

@Katelyn_Chechko welcome to the community, and welcome to Trello!

1. Card do not auto-archive ever. If this is a desired behavior I think you could create a rule in Butler, but this is not something that happens automatically unless you set it up!

2. I don't believe it would still show up if the card was archived, but what you might want to do in this case is have a list called "archive" that you move the cards to when you are done with them, but they're technically still active.

3. You can set up recurring cards that would let you create recurring items! Just add the Card Repeater Power-Up, and you can set a card to basically clone itself once a year, once a quarter, etc!

Hope this helps! 

Katelyn_Chechko May 18, 2020

AWESOME! Thanks so much for all of this information and for such a prompt response. I appreciate it!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
kbaumgardner May 12, 2021

Hi Brittany,

I'm also wondering about having a historical view of items that have been archived. It seems you can't do that. So are you suggesting, creating an archive list and that will still show items in the calendar view?

Thanks,

Kathy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events