Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments - how to constrain them?

Gilberto Rigotti March 24, 2020

Hello!

In this pandemic season I'm providing a consultancy to a HealthCare provider. The Trello is amazing and would be a fantastic tool to organize their teams in a virtual/remote enviroment. I'm helping them on a pilot to assess the tool and I've found a risk of data leakage via attachments. I would clarify with you how to constrain it, If they use only text will be fine for their current activities. Is it possible to constrain attachments? Is there any management tool helping on this subject in any of the Trello's products?

Thank you!

Gilberto Rigotti

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2020

@Gilberto Rigotti what do you mean constrain attachments? What's the nature of the data leakage?

Gilberto_Rigotti March 25, 2020

Hello Iain!

I mean avoid users taking corporative's information via attachments. For instante, digital reports containing sensíble information about customers. Is there a way tô manage It?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2020

@Gilberto Rigotti so you're referring to people who are members of a board being able to access all attachments on the board, and the need to restrict access to certain attachments, only to certain board members?

Gilberto_Rigotti March 25, 2020

Yes Iain, This could be a way to address the possible information leakage. Is there any resource on Trello's administration to manage this restriction?

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 25, 2020

@Gilberto Rigotti if you need access restrictions *within* a board, (ie. certain members of the board should have limited access to certain attachments) then I'd recommend using a cloud file storage solution (OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox etc.) then attaching links to those cloud files, onto the cards.

Gilberto_Rigotti March 26, 2020

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events