Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach and complete template documents from within trello

Abraham O November 6, 2018

I want to be able to create certain templates from within each card in trello, without trello to create new cards (which is already possible with many power ups)

basically the features that I want are listed below.

1. have a template called initial rate request, where you will have to fill in the info required for our night shift to check rates
  2. have a booking form to fill in once customer confirms, this way we assure that we have all info in place before proceeding
  3. have a few other templates for other kind of bookings.
  4. the idea is to have all the form templates in a place where i can add them instantly in the same trello card with the first card name, and not to have to create a card for each form submitted.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hi @Abraham O I will share with you what i suggested to another user last week:

I would recommend a board dedicated to templates if you have multiple cards you need to duplicate on an ad hoc basis.  That way when someone needs the card with the description, they just go in and copy the card and then move the duplicate created to the board it will be housed in. 

You could also use the card repeater power up and choose how often you want the card to repeat, and the days you want it to replicate.

Let me know if this helps.

Have an amazing day!

Jodi

Abraham O November 7, 2018

Thanks Jodi, thats actually what we are doing now, however the challenge we face is that the info we have to put in is not so clear as it would be on a attachment with required fields, as we have many extra fields and I want to make sure that the required fields are filled in before put into process.

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

@Abraham O it looks like my answer was deleted because it was selling a service, however if you'd like help automating Trello the way you behaved you can google "trello automation on demand"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events