Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we still able to add a card to the comments section of another card?

Chargé de projets - Rigaud May 29, 2023

Hello, 

In the past, we were able to add a trello card as an attachment to a post in the activities section by clicking a symbol resembling a small credit card. 

However, that symbol seems to have disappeared. And it doesn't appear that a card could be added to a comment (that appears as a link in the activities section). 

I hope that my question is clear. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Regards, 

Gino Lalli

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2023

You can simply paste the link into the comments or onto the card and via the 'Smartlink' functionality now built into Trello, it will detect that it is another Trello card.  This can be used in Board lists, descriptions, comments and attachments

Chargé de projets - Rigaud June 1, 2023

Thank you for the answer. Much appreciated. 

However, i'm not sure why they removed the icon where one could simply click and choose another card to insert from a list of recently viewed cards. 

Unless i'm missing something about the 'Smartlink' feature, it appears that the solution proposed above requires the user to open a card, click on share, copy the link, open the destination card and paste. Many processes now that the icon has been removed. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

You can turn off the advanced editor to get this back:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 140125.png

Do steps 1 and 2 then do a page refresh.  Then when you go to comments, the old style is back:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 140243.png

Chargé de projets - Rigaud June 1, 2023

Outstanding! 

It works!

Would never have figured it out...

Thank you very much!

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 1, 2023

Be sure to hit the accept answer button so that this one leaves my list 😀

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events